Mon, 02 May|
Secret Woods (Address on Booking)
Buebell Story Saunter (May Bank Holiday)
3 hour story walk with storytelling in magical ancient Woodlands in East Sussex. Hear old oral stories as people have told for centuries. Find out about nature, plants, folklore, poetry. An inspiring and restorative walk filled with wonder.
Time & Location
02 May 2022, 10:30 – 13:30
Secret Woods (Address on Booking), Chailey, Lewes BN8 4DA, UK
About the Event
A circular 3 hour walk (approx) in a Woodlands near Lewes (address provided in booking)
Difficulty: Easy. It is likely that it will be very muddy!
- We will take some time to take in the surroundings, sit and lay in the grass.
- I will tell you a few oral traditional stories, and read you a poem or two.
- If you wish, you will have a chance to write some of your own poetry or creative writing, inspired by the nature around you.
I am a qualified Lowland Leader and a Mountain Leader trainee, and work within the guidelines of the Mountain Training Association.
I am a professional storyteller, a poet, and a mental health pharmacist (part of the time).
I have been doing my own wilderness work for the last 7 years with a Wilderness Guide and mentor. I love the outdoors and nature, I enjoying foraging and I love telling stories outdoors. I will take you on a magical experience combining nature and stories.
I am experienced in leading groups and holding space, and have an outdoor first aid certificate; insurance and an enhanced DBS check.
What people say about my walks:
"An Enchantress...Her mesmerising voice is transporting me to some faraway places" The Guardian
"Nana led the walk with such care, warmth and generosity that there was instantly a sense of unification and togetherness in the group. As we meandered through the autumnal forest, we heard magical stories, beautifully told, and we took in the wonder around us - enjoying spotting the forest's many delights.
I felt the calmest and most present I have felt in a very long time. I think frequently of the morning we shared - and can't wait to go on another walk with Nana soon. Her story walk was a tonic, a healing elixir of words and nature. A truly magical experience"
"The story walk was a magical experience. Nana's storytelling and readings of poems take you to other worlds while at the same time open up your eyes to the world around you, to nature and your connection with it. We thoroughly loved it."
The walk needs minimum of 4 people to take place and maximum of 10.
- Cancellation more than 7 days before the start of the course: you will have an option of getting a full refund or being re-booked onto one of my next walks.
- If you cancel less than 7 days before the start of the course, you will be re-booked onto one of my next walks.
- If you do not turn up to the walk without cancellation you will not be eligible to being re-booked to another walk.
- If I need to cancel this walk, you will be re-booked on one of my future walks.
Terms and Conditions
By booking on this event, you accept the terms and conditions.
There are no concessional tickets, but I do offer two spaces on each walk on a pay-what-you-can basis. Contact me to apply for this.