Sat, 02 Oct|
South Downs (full address on booking)
Wild Creative Story Walk
3 hour story walk with storytelling in the beautiful South Downs with some creative practices. Hear old oral stories as people have told for centuries. Find out about nature, plants, folklore, poetry. An inspiring and restorative walk filled with wonder.
Time & Location
02 Oct 2021, 10:30 – 13:30
South Downs (full address on booking), Lewes, UK
About the Event
A circular 3 hour walk (approx) in the South Downs
Difficulty: Easy (about 3km with some gentle inclines at times)
- We will take some time to take in the surroundings, sit and lay in the grass.
- I will tell you a few oral traditional stories, and read you a poem or two.
- If you wish, you will have a chance to write some of your own poetry or creative writing, inspired by the nature around you.
I am a qualified Lowland Leader and a Mountain Leader trainee, and work within the guidelines of the Mountain Training Association.
I am a professional storyteller, a poet, and a mental health pharmacist (part of the time).
I have been doing my own wilderness work for the last 7 years with a Wilderness Guide and mentor. I love the outdoors and nature, I enjoying foraging and I love telling stories outdoors. I will take you on a magical experience combining nature and stories.
I am experienced in leading groups and holding space, and have an outdoor first aid certificate; insurance and an enhanced DBS check.
What people say about my walks:
"An Enchantress...Her mesmerising voice is transporting me to some faraway places" The Guardian
"I enjoyed tremendously our walk today, guided by Nana - listening to her beautiful stories, surrounded by nature of outstanding beauty - it was such a great pleasure and an amazing experience! Truly loved it. Thank you so much, Nana, looking forward to your next storytelling walk!"
"I so enjoyed a soul-warming, uplifting walk with Nana. She shared inspiring stories and poems, great conversations and companionable quiet moments, to appreciate the lovely surroundings. Balm for the soul, particularly in these difficult times."
The walk needs minimum of 4 people to take place and maximum of 12.
- Cancellation more than 7 days before the start of the course: you will have an option of getting a full refund or being re-booked onto one of my next walks.
- If you cancel less than 7 days before the start of the course, you will be re-booked onto one of my next walks.
- If you do not turn up to the walk without cancellation you will not be eligible to being re-booked to another walk.
- If I need to cancel this walk, you will be re-booked on one of my future walks.
Terms and Conditions
By booking on this event, you accept the terms and conditions.
There are no concessional tickets, but I do offer two spaces on each walk on a pay-what-you-can basis. Contact me to apply for this.